Do you want to be a key player in a high level dynamic company focused on innovation? BD Performing Arts is a non profit organization with a mission to enrich the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence with an outreach in our local community and audiences worldwide.
- The Operations Director will be responsible for:
- Financial Management
- Bingo Oversight
- Human Resources and Risk Management
- Facilities, Building & Grounds
Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the Management Team, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness and the efficient performance and growth of all income generating activities, by providing leadership for the organization's operational and financial functions.
Working with the management team, the position manages many aspects of the day-to-day operation of the organization and also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. The Operations Director is expected to manage 5-10 individuals to support these activities. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Duties by Function
- Financial Management
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget with CEO
- Assisting CEO in creating annual organizational budget with program managers
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Prepare monthly P&L, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements.
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, supervise year end close, monitoring cash flow. and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Prepare and submit all nonprofit state and federal requirements
- Maintain organization's archival and administrative files.
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
- Contract and supervise accounting relationship. Prepare annual audit and be a liaison with all outside vendors.
- Develop and Maintain Accounting Manual
- Supervise accounting department and oversee the day-to-day bookkeeping duties. Oversee A/P, A/R
- Regular meetings with CEO around fiscal planning.
- Supervise Bingo Manager(s) and oversee all bingo operations. Develop and control all reporting procedures
Human Resources and Risk Management Oversight
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, trademark, partnerships, licensing, etc.
- Organizational insurance policies.
- Establish and oversee policies and procedures to minimize organizational risk
- All risk policies
- Employee benefits
- Payroll and process
- Develop and oversee employee handbook
- Develop and oversee youth protection policies
- Develop and oversee volunteer guidelines
- Hiring and personnel management
- Supervise office and administration staff
Facilities, Building and Grounds
- Supervise building manager and oversee all leased premises and grounds maintenance
- Develop procedures and guidelines for building repairs and supervision.
- Work with CEO to negotiate building and field leases
- Coordinate with all vendors, contractors and maintenance personnel
- Supervise transportation managers and vehicle fleet. Oversee all transportation needs and negotiations. Provide ongoing cost benefit analysis of transportation decisions. Oversee legal requirements for transportation issues.
- Manage all functions of office operations
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Implement and supervise IT areas which might include Database, Computer Systems, Phone, Internet Presence
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Implement PO processes for all departments
- Negotiate and analyze all contracts and agreements for business operation of organization
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Commitment to the mission of BD Performing Arts
- Experience in Financial Management
- Strong background and knowledge of accounting practices, including experience with Quickbooks
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Understanding on Nonprofit laws, accounting procedures and reporting requirements
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Knowledge and experience in Facility Management
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast-paced, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization in a professional manner.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Project manages and delegates responsibilities effectively
- Preferable - Experience and knowledge of Bingo management and law in the state of California
The Operations Director is a salaried position with compensation commensurate with the experience level of the candidate. In addition, the Operations Director will receive a package of benefits. (health, dental and 403(b) retirement plan).